What are community awards?
The goal of the Community Awards program is to identify and fund community-based programs addressing the health concerns of pregnant women and infants in the state of Georgia. Funding for Community Awards may be granted up to $3,000. Community Awards can be made to support activities such as: purchase and distribution of March of Dimes health education materials, implementation of March of Dimes community programs (e.g. Stork's Nest® and Becoming a Mom/Comenzando bien®), or a conference for health professionals. To view our product catalog, visit the March of Dimes Web site at marchofdimes.com/catalog.
The Community Awards applications process is closed for 2013.
Community Awards Timeline (Community Awards are for one year for less than $3,000)
- February 15, 2013 - Applications available to the community
- March 1, 2013 - Applications are due to the March of Dimes
- August 15, 2012 - Award letters sent to receipients
What are chapter grants?
Chapter Grants are awarded for larger programs which address unmet medical needs for Georgia's moms and babies. Our funds typically go toward programs that focus on education and prevention and increasing access to prenatal care. Grants are generally awarded for one to three years and range from $10,000 to $25,000.
The chapter community grants fund for 2013 is approximately $200,000. It is anticipated that four to six projects will be funded, with awards ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 each. See our full list of past grants for an idea of the types of programs we fund.
The 2014 Grants applications process is now closed. Please check back in January, 2014 for information on applying for 2015 funding.
Chapter Grants Timeline (Grants are for one or multiple years from $10,000 to $25,000)
- February 15, 2013 - Chapter Grants Conference Call
- March 1, 2013 - Letter of Intent (LOI) are due to the March of Dimes
- April 15, 2013 - Request for Proposals (RFP) sent out by invitation only
- June 15, 2013 - Requested proposals (by invitation only) due to the March of Dimes
- November, 2013 - Award letters sent to recipients
What has the March of Dimes Georgia Chapter funded in the past?
For more information about our Community Awards and Chapter Grants, please contact Kesha Clinkscale at (404) 350-9800.See also: Where the Money Goes in Georgia(PDF,0.00kb) , 2013 Georgia Grantees(PDF,567.41kb)