Thank you for your interest in Mothers March! Mothers March is the first and longest-running March of Dimes fundraising event, with a rich and interesting history. It began in 1950 with a door-to-door campaign to fight polio, a battle that was won over five decades ago and has evolved into a campaign to give every baby a healthy start to life.
Parents in Phoenix, A.Z. organized a collection: "Turn on your porch light, fight polio tonight." In minutes, more than $45,000 was raised and the annual Mothers March Campaign was born. Funds raised through Mothers March help fund lifesaving research and programs that help give more babies a healthy start to life.
Volunteers are recruited over the phone and mailed special volunteer kits containing cards, letters and a list of neighbors. Volunteers are asked to address, stamp and mail letters to their neighbors, collect the donations and then return donations to the March of Dimes. Every year, hundreds of thousands of volunteers participate in this historic campaign, in communities all across America , to help raise funds and awareness.
If you'd like to volunteer for a future Mothers March campaign please contact us. Or, please donate generously if you get a letter from a neighbor! Please send all donations to Mothers March to:
Mothers March Processing Center
P.O. Box 8944
Topeka, KS 66608-8944
Please include your name, address and volunteer ID number (if available) so we can properly acknowledge your efforts.
Most common questions
What if I don’t want to make a donation online?
If you don't want to donate online, you can donate over the phone, mail us, or fax us. To donate by phone, please have your credit card ready and call:
To send a donation via mail or fax, follow these easy steps:
1. Download our donation form.
2. Print a copy of the form.
3. Fax or mail a completed copy along with your check to:
Fax: (914) 997-4537
March of Dimes
1275 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
What if I want to make a donation on behalf of someone I know?
You can make your donations in honor of or in memory of a special someone. You can also create a band through banding together to remember or celebrate someone you love.
Where does my money go?
Help moms and babies in your community. Donate your car, truck, van, bus, boat or motorcycle to the March of Dimes and keep us on the road to finding out what causes premature birth and birth defects. Fast, free towing from all 50 states! To ensure that your donated vehicle is headed in the right direction, follow these tips:
- Donate only to charities with a name you know and trust. Be careful of confusing legitimate charities with others that have soundalike names.
- Check that the charity receives at least 70% of the proceeds from donated vehicles.
- Confirm that your vehicle will be handled by licensed and insured tow companies and dealers.
- Limit your liability: Sign the title directly to the charity or their agent. Never leave the title blank!
- Ask how the funds will be spent. The March of Dimes Foundation spends 76% of activities on research, community services, education and advocacy to save babies lives.
For further information call 888-898-1144 or donate your car online today!
Thank you for your donation.