Indiana Chapter Grant Awards
Indiana Chapter community grants program is designed to invest in priority projects that further the March of Dimes mission, support Prematurity campaign objectives, and further our strategic goal of promoting equity in birth outcomes.
Proposals will be accepted from organizations with the capacity, competence and experience to accomplish project goals and objectives. Priority will be given to projects that meet one or more of the following criteria: a) are evidence-based; b) include measurable outcomes; c) promote equity in birth outcomes. Projects may focus on consumers and/or health care providers. The March of Dimes does not fund billable health care provider services.
Funding priorities include:
1. Providing or enhancing preconception health education and/or services.
2. Providing or enhancing premature birth risk reduction education and/or services.:
3. Enhancing care through the CenteringPregnancy® model of group prenatal care.
4. Initiating a quality improvement program related to premature birth prevention with the goal of catalyzing systems change.
5. Providing education regarding fertility treatments (i.e. ovarian stimulation, assisted reproductive technology) and the associated risks of multiple births and prematurity, and ways to potentially reduce those risks.
6. Enhancing the availability, quality and utilization of genetics services and/or other patient services related to preventable birth defects (e.g. outreach and education on newborn screening.)