Frequently asked questions
How do I?
Where can I find?
What about technical information?
Browser settings and technical requirements
What do I need to do to my browser settings?
What are the technical requirements for online modules?
Online modules have the following minimum technical requirements:
- Browser: Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 3.0.5, Safari 2.0 or later
- Screen size 1024 x 768 or larger
- Operating system: Windows 98 or better or Macintosh System 10.0 or later
- Internet connection of 56 kbps or faster
- Adobe Flash Player to view videos or listen to audios
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF documents
- Microsoft PowerPoint viewer to view slide modules or presentations
- Downloading larger online files (PDFs, PPTs) or videos may require a DSL, cable modem, or other high-speed network connection.
IMPORTANT: If your computer and Internet connection do not meet these minimum requirements, you may not be able to access all parts of a module. Be sure to verify that your equipment meets these requirements before purchasing access to a CNE test.
What can I do if the graphics are not printing?
If you are trying to print pages from the continuing nursing education site and some of the graphics are not showing up, you may need to reconfigure your browser. Check the setting under Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. Scroll down to the Printing options and choose Print Background Colors and Images.
Cast your vote for future CNE topics
Recently released CNE activities
Kangaroo care in the NICU, part 2: Understanding the impact of kangaroo care beyond neonatal vital signs
(online article; 2.4 contact hours)
Builds on Kangaroo care in the NICU, part 1, including scenarios on feeding, transfer, infection, hyperbilirubinemia and parental engagement.
Kangaroo care in the NICU, part 1: Understanding the impact of kangaroo care on neonatal vital signs
(online article; 3.1 contact hours)
Clinical scenarios provide the evidence-based rationale and biobehavioral mechanisms of KC.
Taking the evidence-based case for kangaroo care into the clinical setting
(video; 2.0 contact hours)
Learn why kangaroo care should be offered early and often in NICUs.
We're always looking to improve our nursing education resources. Send us your comments, criticisms or suggestions.
Registration and payment are required to access continuing education modules.
Sign in to purchase access to this test.
Not yet registered?
Registration is free and open to anyone.