About CNE activities
List of CNE activities
Earn CNE credit
Lead a group study
Take your test online
Print your certificate
About CNE activities
March of Dimes nursing activities have been a trusted source of quality continuing nursing education (CNE) for more than 35 years. They help perinatal nurses translate the latest scientific and clinical advances into the care of women and babies. Nursing activities are:
- Carefully peer-reviewed to ensure content is evidence-based and clinically relevant
- A cost-effective way to earn CNE credit
- Useful to professionals in related disciplines, including health and childbirth educators, lactation consultants, physicians' assistants, medical social workers and genetic counselors
Go to the list of CNE activities for activity descriptions and contact hour information. The list includes links that make it easy for you to learn more about each module, read or view an online module, buy a print module, take a test or get slides for group study. In addition, the list by can be sorted by title, topic or format.
Fifteen titles cover a wide range of perinatal topics vital to the care of mothers and babies. Use the modules individually or for group study. Submit your test answers by mail or fax or take your test online. Go to earn CNE credit with print modules to learn how to purchase a module, take your CNE test, receive your CNE certificate or lead a group study.
Online modules offer the same high-quality content nurses are accustomed to receiving from March of Dimes print modules. Content is free—pay only if you opt to take the test for CNE credit. March of Dimes online modules are available in a variety of formats:
- Articles – Shorter than our full-length print modules; easy to print or read online
- Multimedia modules – Interactive learning experiences that include text, videos and case studies
- Slide modules – Slide-based lessons; easy to print or read online
- Video – Filmed presentations including slides and narration
- Voice over presentation – Slide-based lessons narrated by the author
- Webinars – Archived presentations by experts in the field
Go to earn CNE credits with online modules to learn how to access a module, purchase and take your CNE test, receive your CNE certificate or lead a group study.
3 new CNE activities
Kangaroo care in the NICU, part 1: Understanding the impact of kangaroo care on neonatal vital signs
(online article; 3.1 contact hours)
Clinical scenarios provide the evidence-based rationale and biobehavioral mechanisms of KC.
Family health history: Clinical decision support for quality improvement
(archived webinar; now 2.5 contact hours)
Expert panel discusses the value and benefits of gathering family health history during a prenatal visit.
Taking the evidence-based case for kangaroo care into the clinical setting
(video; 2.0 contact hours)
Learn why kangaroo care should be offered early and often in NICUs.
Upcoming webinar. Strategies for detection: Introduction to the newly revised Preterm labor assessment toolkit Thursday, November 7th, 2013; 2-3:30pm EST/11-12:30pm PST. Registration required.
2013 Nurse of the Year calendar of events now available
We're always looking to improve our nursing education resources. Send us your comments, criticisms or suggestions.
Registration and payment are required to access continuing education modules.
Sign in to purchase access to this test.
Not yet registered?
Registration is free and open to anyone.