Warning signs when to stop exercising and call your health provider
If you experience any of the following symptoms, stop exercising and call your health provider right away.
- Bleeding from your vagina
- Difficult or labored breathing before you exercise
- Chest pains
- Muscle weakness
- Calf pain or swelling
- Preterm labor
- Decreased movement of the fetus
- Leakage of fluid from your vagina
Source: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Exercise during pregnancy and the postpartum period. Obstetrics & Gynecology, volume 99, number 1, January 2002, pages 171-173.
Signs to stop exercising
- Contractions of your uterus
- Feeling your baby move less inside
- Dizziness, chest pains or headaches
- Vaginal bleeding, or leaking of amniotic fluid
Call your health care provider immediately if you have any of these symptoms.
Common questions Are there any exercises I should not do during pregnancy?