Working together to improve the health of moms and babies in our community
The chapter community grants program is designed to invest in priority projects that further the March of Dimes mission, support national and state objectives, and further our strategic goal of reducing disparities in birth outcomes.
In 2011, the March of Dimes Wisconsin Chapter funded the following projects:
- Centering Healthcare Institute, Inc.: $7000, Implementation Seminar provided for healthcare leaders from Beloit, Racine, Kenosha, and Milwaukee in support of Lifecourse Initiative for Healthy Families (LIHF Project) programs in these communities.
- Milwaukee Health Services, Inc., Milwaukee: $6000, Funds for Centering Pregnancy Site Approval at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Heritage Health Center.
- Red Cliff Indian Health Center, Bayfield: $4600, Support for increasing family involvement in group prenatal Centering Pregnancy program
- Wheaton Franciscan St. Joseph Hospital, Milwaukee: $22,500, Implementation of Centering Pregnancy
- Bellin Memorial Hospital, Kress Women’s Center: $2400, Implementation of consumer awareness campaign to eliminate elective deliveries before 39 weeks gestation.
Please Note: March of Dimes chapter community grants do not fund scientific research projects. For information about research grants funded by the March of Dimes national office, please go to www.marchofdimes.com/research.
For more information about the chapter community grant program and how to apply please download the following forms:
The 2012 application deadline is March 23, 2012 so don't delay, apply today!