March of Dimes ambassadors speak out for babies
Each year the March of Dimes selects families, children and celebrities whose life was saved by our research, programs, or educational campaigns to give a face to our mission or who have a passion to help all families have stronger, healthier babies.
One of the most visible ambassadors is the March of Dimes National Ambassador, who travels the country throughout the year to share his or her story and encourage families and companies to join him in making sure all babies get a healthy start in life by participating in March for Babies and other special events.
Families around the country play a vital role in our efforts to help give babies a healthy start. Working with March of Dimes chapters, Local Ambassador Families, share their story in their community in an effort to gain local support.
Celebrity ambassadors help create awareness for our mission. Moms like Sherri Shepherd, co-host of The View, who experienced the premature birth of her son, volunteer for March for Babies and the Prematurity Campaign. Latin Superstar Thalia also leads campaigns as a mom of a healthy baby girl. And March of Dimes Team Youth ambassadors, worldwide recording artist Kelly Clarkson and ABC Family show, Secret Life of the American Teenager, actress Camille Winbush, encourage young volunteers to join March of Dimes youth leadership opportunities.
Most common questions
How are National Ambassador Families chosen?
Families are nominated by local chapters in the spring. One family is choosen by March of Dimes leadership.
How can I become a March of Dimes Ambassador?
Contact your local March of Dimes chapter.
How does my family get involved with March of Dimes?
- Join our online community
- Register for March for Babies
- Become an Ambassador Family: Ambassador children and their families bring a face to the mission of the March of Dimes for your coworkers, friends and sponsors. Ambassador Family members can tell the story of how their lives have been touched by the March of Dimes. Then people can hear and see the connection between their efforts, the well-being of the child standing in front of them, and the health of thousands of other children across the country. Contact your local March of Dimes chapter today.
What is a March of Dimes Ambassador?
- A family or individual who shares their story to inspire others and raise awareness
- Celebrities touched by the mission or who are passionate about giving back and raising awareness for stronger healthier babies
- Prominent community leaders advocating for our mission
What is the National Ambassador Family Program?
The National Ambassador Program provides an opportunity for a volunteer family to help convey the mission of the March of Dimes by sharing their personal experience in publicity and appearances. The family donates its time, and appearances are scheduled through the National Office for chapters that request the National Ambassador Family to visit.
Throughout the year, the National Ambassador Family travels across the country to hundreds of meetings, special events, conferences, and fundraising activities, sharing their compelling story with millions of Americans.