Teen-2-Teen health education series
Teen-2-Teen is a series of health education videos and lesson plans that teach teens how to make healthy decisions for their own benefit now and for the benefit of any children they may have in the future.
The videos feature teens speaking to each other about topics that are on their mind today – sex, smoking, alcohol, drugs, stress, and peer pressure; and about making a difference in their communities.
- Three video segments, each approximately 10 minutes.
- Presenter's Guide (curriculum) with lesson plans, activities, handout summaries and references.
The curriculum can be led by teen peer educators or more experienced adult educators. Teen-2-Teen content is conducive to an after-school program and can be delivered in nine separate 30- to 45-minute sessions or in one full-day program. Each segment is stand-alone; presenters can select what is most appropriate for their audience.
Topics in the series include the:
- Adverse impact of "high risk behaviors," including drinking, smoking and taking drugs
- Benefits of a healthy lifestyle, including eating right, getting enough exercise and thinking ahead before becoming sexually active
- Effects self esteem, peer pressure and stress management on decision-making
- Service learning and leadership opportunities for March of Dimes youth volunteers