$75 for our 75th Anniversary
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
March of Dimes Austin Division
11044 Research Blvd. Suite A-210
The March of Dimes is asking you to help us celebrate our 75th Anniversary. We are asking our loyal donors to make a contribution in honor of this extraordinary milestone. Our goal is to raise $7,500 here in Austin, TX by December 31st.
We have accomplished so many breakthroughs since 1938 when Franklin D. Roosevelt started the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis, which would become the March of Dimes. These breakthroughs include:
- Funded research for the vaccine that led to the eradication of the Polio virus in 1979.
- Funded some of the greatest medical advances in the 20th century, leading to 13 Nobel Prizes.
- Advocated for Newborn screenings for all children, helping to prevent severe disabilities from birth defects.
- Funded research that developed Surfactant Therapy for premature newborns to help their lungs develop so they can survive.
- Developed the Nationwide Folic Acid Campaign that lead to 20%+ decline in neural tube defects (like Spina Bifida.)
March of Dimes supports numerous programs that improve the health of babies right here in Austin, including:
- NICU Family Support: On average, our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Family Support programs at Seton Family of Hospitals offers support to 400 families each year. Austin, TX is the only city in the country with 3 NICU Family Support Sites.
- Research Programs: Since 2011, the March of Dimes Austin has invested more than $1.5 million in research projects at the University of Texas Austin.
- Prematurity Campaign: One in seven babies is born too soon and premature birth is the leading killer of newborns. Our research and education efforts attempt to stop the growing crisis of premature birth.
Moving forward, we want to end preterm births and infant mortality, and eliminate negative outcomes from preventable birth defects, and with your help, we’re on our way!
Please help us raise $7,500 by making a donation in honor of our anniversary. Your donation will make a difference in the lives of our tiniest Texans.
Learn more about our successes by watching this 75th Anniversary video: http://www.marchofdimes.com/mission/mission-75.aspx